SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED. WINNERS ANNOUNCED IN JUNE 2021. NEXT ROUND WILL OPEN IN 2022.
The Region VI VPPPA Scholarship Committee will select and award two (2) scholarships to students studying in the Occupational Safety or Occupational Health fields. Each scholarship will be valued at $2,500.
Fill out your intent to apply for the scholarship below to receive a copy of the application.
- Awardees must be an employee of a Region VI VPPPA member company, or a spouse, child or grandchild of an employee of a Region VI VPPPA member company. Region VI VPPPA Board of Directors, their spouse, child or grandchild are not eligible.
- Awardees must have graduated High School or possess a GED prior to submitting an application for consideration.
- Awardees must have completed one full year (24 credit hours) of college level studies. Note: This requirement does not apply to an employee of a Region VI VPPPA member company as long as they are a full-time employee and working a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Awardees must be majoring in Occupational Safety or Occupational Health field of study.
The student must have a grade point average of > 3.0 out of 4.0 at the time of application.
- Outreach - The purpose of outreach and the need for SGE's.
- Workshops - Learn more about specific VPP related workshops available at most regional and national VPPPA conferences.
- Mentoring - Discover why mentoring is important.
- Region VI VPP Act Outreach Information - Learn how you can support the VPP Act for the Region VI Area.